Sunday

Why We Should Never Stop Applauding Our Nation's Military Families

Add caption
For 30 years my family lived in the shadow of one of the largest military training bases in the country, Fort Jackson, in Columbia, South Carolina. I've attended church with, lived beside, and educated my children with those who serve in the United States Army. I've formed deep friendships with women whose husbands have served in Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

But it wasn't until my daughter married a United States Naval officer that I truly began to understand the deep sacrifices these men, women, and families make on behalf of our country. 

We should never stop appreciating our military because of what they give and what they give up. 

The content of this post has moved. To read the entire post, please click HERE to visit Why We Should Never Stop Applauding our Nation's Military Families








4 comments:

  1. But for the grace of God; I would be remembered on Memorial Day. Thank you Ms. Lori and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, imagine what a Texas-sized hole that would have left in our world. So thankful for God's love and protection over you, J.D. Thank you for your service.

      Delete
  2. I am so grateful for the sacrifice these men and woman have made in defending me and my nation. Thank you, veterans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, yes, Jessica, me too. We are the benefactors of a great gift. To lay out heads on our pillows without fear is a privilege denied many. May God keep his hand of protection on them as they protect us.

      Delete

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.