Thursday

Becoming Fluent in the Language of Grace -- A Guest Post on Grace on Parade





Becoming Fluent in the Language of Grace


I was overwhelmed. Homeschooling my two daughters, serving in a leadership position in our church’s women’s ministry, and juggling a part time job, I struggled to get it all done. But I loved to please, which is why, when a friend asked me to take on a special project, I said, “Yes.”
A week later, when she asked me if I’d completed it, I said, “Yes.”

Except I hadn’t.

Shame over my inefficiency and fear of what she might think of me squeezed me into a corner. The lie had escaped my lips before I realized it.
Now I’d failed twice—first by not doing what I’d promised and second by lying about it. Imagine what a field day Satan and my conscience had with those two sins.
After a miserable day of Holy Spirit conviction and self-condemnation, I couldn’t stand it any longer. I called my friend and confessed. . . . 

I'm honored to guest post on my friend Karen Wingate's blog today. To read the rest of this post, including the six grace-filled phrases we should all learn to speak, CLICK HERE to visit Grace on Parade.




HOT OFF THE PRESS: FREE Bible Study Guide and Small Group Discussion Questions! Did you know there is a FREE Bible study guide and discussion questions to accompany the Hungry for God...Starving for Time devotional? Click HERE to download your copy. Now you'll have everything you need to use Hungry for God as the basis for your next small group Bible study. 




Are you hungry for God, but starving for time? 
I’d love to send you a 5-minute e-mail devotion twice a week to start your day off with the Lord. 

Sign up for a free subscription to Hungry for God by CLICKING HERE.

Then, be sure to VALIDATE the confirmation email you receive. 

Note: I promise never to spam you or share your email address.



Because busy women need to connect with God in the craziness of everyday life.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so honored that you shared your wisdom with the Grace on Parade audience! I personally need to review these six grace-filled statements often. Thanks, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that works too! I learn so much from you as well! Keep it up great post.

    ReplyDelete

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.