Sunday

Walking in Mary Magdalene's Shoes


Have you ever known someone who knew everything about 
you . . . but loved you anyway? 


That was Jesus. 

I’d heard him preach. Lots of times, from a distance. He talked about the kingdom of heaven, and oh, he made it sound so wonderful – like he’d been there, just the other day . . . “In my father’s house are many mansions. . .” 

But I knew I’d never see it. Too many sins. And too many demons, always at war within me. I followed him, but on the outskirts. He drew me in, in spite of myself. 

This post has moved to my new blog, Refresh. I'd love for you to hop on over to read the rest of "Walking in Mary Magdalene's Shoes." CLICK HERE.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:56 AM

    Hi Lori, wow, such a powerful post. I loved reading it.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Tracy, and for reading. I’m so glad the Lord used it to bless you :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes there just aren't enough words my friend... only tears. God's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's love has a way of overfilling our hearts, doesn't it, J.D.? How blessed we are.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful words this morning ❤️����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, Eileen. May Jesus shine through you today.

      Delete
  4. Mary was a very common name in the time of Jesus. There is no connection biblically between Mary Magdalene and this sinner portrayed in the Bible and your blog... which was excellent and very moving. All the Bible says about Mary Magdalene is she was cured of 7 demons by Christ, that she with other women of means paid for necessities of the Jesus entourage, and she loved him ... even keeping watch at the crucifixion. Her blessing was to be the first to see the risen Christ. She has been maligned for centuries now, since Pope Gregory 1 called her a prostitute. It is about time we stopped. And why do I care? I cannot tell you. But I am called to defend her (and have for years now). It's a God thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your heart, friend. If you read carefully, you'll see that I never portrayed Mary as a prostitute, just as sinner in need of a Savior. She, like everyone who walks the earth, myself included, brought her repentant heart to Jesus and found forgiveness. Thanks for reading and chiming in today.

      Delete
  5. Amen! Thank GOD our sins are forgiven through Him! Great perspective, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.