Wednesday

Parable of the Cantaloupe Jumps the Blog!

 

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know one happy note and one slightly disappointing one -

First, thanks so much for bearing with my attempt to win the She Speaks scholarship.  After I read that 219 other ladies were also competing, I was so glad I wasn’t the one choosing the two winners!  I did pray for the judges, and trust that the Lord told them exactly who needed to go.  I was not chosen, so I rest happily in that. God’s sovereignty takes all the angst out of moments like these.

However, since that contest, one more scholarship has become available, so I’ve submitted an article in that competition.  I did my best and leave the decision to God.  If the Lord leads you to pray, pray for God’s will.  Thankfully, I don’t have to subject YOU to the entry.  You are good sports, but that’s not the purpose of the blog.

Now for happy news.  “The Parable of the Cantaloupe” has been selected for publication on  a blog called WOW – Writing on the Word.  It’s a blog with almost a hundred followers, some international, so it’s kind of fun to see Winston’s picture and my writing on someone else’s blog.  If you’d like to check it out, here’s the live link:  http://wow-xroads.blogspot.com/2011/03/parable-of-cantaloupe-by-lori-hatcher.html  Leave a comment if you like it.

Finally, on my site (in the right sidebar) you’ll see a trailer for the movie Soul Surfer. It’s the true story of Bethany Hamilton, the 12 year old surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack off Hawaii.  Bethany and her family are amazing Christians, and this movie tells their faith journey.  We had the privilege of sitting in on an advance showing of the movie last night.  YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE.  It will make you laugh, cry, and rejoice.  It is appropriate for your friends, your coworkers, your church family. 

Important note:  Opening weekend, April 8-10 is critical.  Its success at the box office that weekend will determine whether it will continue in theatres, and ultimately, whether other fine Christian films like Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and The Blind Side will continue to be funded.  PLEASE GET A GROUP TOGETHER AND GO.  You can thank  me later.  Better yet, get a group of friends who don’t know the Lord to go with you.  They will thank me later, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.