Monday

You are not alone



Do you ever feel like you are the only one?  When you look around at the world and the values that it embraces, do you feel lonely?  Discouraged?  Weary?  When you see the images on the news of war, murder, and perversion, does it make you sad?  When you turn on network television and see what millions of people choose to fill their minds with, does it break your heart?  Do you wonder if it even matters to God that you are trying to serve Him, love Him, and teach your children to walk in His ways? When you hear yet another tragic story about a Christian who has fallen, do you wonder if it's just a matter of time before Satan gets you too?

I wonder if Noah felt this way?  Genesis 6 says that in the days of  Noah, "The earth was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence."  Yet Noah "walked with God."

Elijah felt like he was the only one, too.  "LORD," he said, "they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life."

Genesis 6 gives me hope when I feel like I am the only one trying to live godly in an ungodly world.

"But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord."  In the midst of millions of people who were living as if there was no God, God saw Noah.  Not only did He see him, but He noticed that Noah was doing his best to walk with Him, to honor Him, and to live His life to please Him. 

And God cared.

"And Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord."  It gives me hope that the God who bestowed grace on Noah will also bestow grace on me.  And on you.

 "Be not weary in doing good, for you will reap a harvest if you faint not." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.