Sunday

The Doggiest Cat I Know

Mushu is the doggiest cat I know. Primarily an outside pet, Mushu lives two cul de sacs over from my house. I see him every day on my morning walk. 

But he always sees me first. 

As soon as I turn the corner and head down the street, he bounds toward me, tail held high and white paws flashing. He greets me with chirrups and meows, delighted I’ve come his way. Leaning into my fingers as I scratch behind his ears and down his spine, he knows every encounter with me is good. 

Unlike other neighborhood cats who run, hide, or approach me hesitantly, Mushu runs toward me with a confidence born of trust and relationship. 

Hebrews 4:14-16 reminds me I can enjoy this same confidence in my relationship with God. 

“Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:14-16). 

Because Jesus Christ has removed the sin barrier that separated us, I can come boldly to him in prayer. Our relationship gives me full access to his mercy and grace. I need not fear his wrath, judgment, or disapproval. 

My Father is always eager to see me approach. Before a word leaves my lips, he is already working on my behalf. Scattering good gifts like raindrops, he waters my thirsty soul. I rest secure, knowing that he who knows me best loves me most. 

Father, remind me every day how you eagerly wait for me to approach you in prayer. Even before I turn my gaze toward you, your eyes are upon me, and your ears are attentive to my cry. Silence the voice of the enemy that sows seeds of fear, confusion, and timidity into my heart. Help me rest in confidence, knowing you are my Savior and my advocate, my protector and my friend.



Are you hungry for God, but starving for time? 
I’d love to send you a 5-minute e-mail devotion twice a week to start your day off with the Lord. 

Sign up for a free subscription to Hungry for God by CLICKING HERE.
Then, be sure to VALIDATE the confirmation email you receive. 

Note: I promise never to spam you or share your email address.

Because busy women need to connect with God in the craziness of everyday life.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.