Tuesday

Babies and Bible Love Notes


What would you do if you stumbled upon a newborn baby, still wet behind the ears, gazing wide-eyed at the great big world around her?

This happened to my friend Gail almost two years ago. Attending a writer’s conference in the mountains of North Carolina with a group of friends, she was there to fine-tune her writing and network with others interested in writing for her blog. 

That’s when she stumbled upon me, the wide-eyed, wet-behind-the-ears, baby writer who didn’t know an html from a BLT. We chatted over lunch, and a fast friendship developed. Since then we have collaborated on writing projects, edited each other’s work, and commiserated about the joys and challenges of the writing world. She has taught me much of what I know about blogging, and it is through her tutelage that Be Not Weary is where it is today.

Gail has a heart for sharing God’s Word with women around the world through her blog, Bible Love Notes. Perfect for busy women, Bible Love Notes come straight to your email box and take only ONE MINUTE to read. Don’t be fooled by the length—she packs more into one minute than most writers say in 500 words. Her thoughts are relevant, scriptural, and, so often, just what I need to hear each morning. 
 
It is my pleasure to introduce Gail and her ministry to you today.


Hi! I'm Gail, and I write Bible Love Notes, one minute devotions designed to be "an espresso shot of Scripture in your morning latte."


I need to be challenged, encouraged, corrected, and comforted in God's Word daily, so writing Love Notes has helped me walk more closely to the Lord, and I pray it does the same for my readers.



Below is a sample Bible Love Note. If you like what you read, you can sign up for a free subscription by clicking the mug to the right.  If you'd like to know more about me personally, click my picture above.  


I also write Marriage Posts, Blogging Tips, and Creative Posts (craft/decor/recipe) on my blog which are not sent to subscribers but archived on their respective pages for easy access.


I thank Lori for featuring me. She's an excellent writer and kind friend, and I'm honored to be featured on her blog.



 Joe's Secret




Joseph was sold into slavery by his own brothers. 


And even though he suffered for many years before gaining freedom, he forgave his brothers and told them this: 


“You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good” (Genesis 50:20). 
Throughout his life, Joseph: 


1. Admitted when things weren't right, fair, or just


2. Trusted God’s purposes in spite of his circumstances



And this is a good way for all of us to live. Being a Christian doesn’t mean we pretend bad things don’t happen. It means we trust God to use them for our good. 


Genesis 50:20 is the Old Testament equivalent of Romans 8:28: 


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” 


Do you love Him? Are you facing injustice? If so, admit the bad and keep walking into the good...into God's purposes. 

2 comments:

  1. I came over from Gail's Bible Love Notes to see what she shared. I love finding her Love Notes in my inbox each morning when I open up my computer. I hope others will subscribe to her daily latte too!! They are a great shot to get you going in the morning and encourage you to also keep IN the Word of God daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lori, for this encouragement and support. I am in your debt for so many things as well. So glad God brought us together. And thanks, Judith for your kind comment too. I feel very blessed. Gail

    ReplyDelete

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.