Wednesday

I Saw Christ in Charleston

 "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead . . ." (Romans 1:20)

"Show me yourself, Lord Jesus." 


 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.  (John 12:32)


 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved
(John 10:9)




I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness.  (John 8:12)


 "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." 
(John 4:14)




 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.  
(Mt. 7:14)


I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.
(John 15:5)



 You shall be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths
(Isaiah 58:12)



The Rose of Sharon
 

In Charleston, this is the LILY of all flowers, the Magnolia ;)
 and the Lily of the Valley
(Song of Solomon 9:2)

Hollings Judicial Center
 the Lord, the righteous Judge
(2 Tim. 4:8)


The Old Slave Market
 "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To proclaim liberty to the captives . . .  To set at liberty those who are oppressed 
(Luke 4:18)




In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 
(John 14:2)





And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
(Jer. 29:13)



"Thank you, Lord."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Growing up in Charleston I always heard "Charleston is the holy city". It was called that because of so many church steeples in the city. Now when I go back I will be looking to see Christ as I walk the streets of my childhood.
    Love the pictures!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.