Sunday

When You Feel Insignificant

The world is very big, and sometimes I feel very small.

Scientists estimate there are seven billion people living on the earth today. Walk through Manhattan or Tokyo at rush hour, and you’ll have no trouble believing this.

“Scramble Crossing” in the Shibuya district of Tokyo, Japan, will convince you if you need further proof. Dubbed “the world’s busiest intersection” for pedestrian traffic, Scramble Crossing can reportedly accommodate as many as 2,500 pedestrians with each rush-hour traffic signal change.






I sat at this intersection last year when I visited my daughter in Japan. As I watched the people scurry from one side of the street to the other, I gained a greater understanding that the world is very big, and we are very small.

It’s easy sometimes, in light of the world’s great expanse, to sometimes feel insignificant and overlooked. Does God see me, a single soul among billions? And if he does see me, do I matter at all?

Then I read Matthew 10:29-31: “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

“Even the very hairs of your head are numbered.” God knows everything about me.

“You are worth more than many sparrows. . .” God treasures me.

And because God knows everything about me, and because God assigns value to me (wonder of wonders!), I have no reason to feel insignificant. 

Think on this today.






If you're a writer, or  you think the Lord might be calling you to write, and you live within driving distance of Lexington, SC, I have an invitation for you. I, along with other industry professionals, will be teaching at the Lexington Word Weavers Winter Conference Saturday, January 21. This is an affordable, one-day conference with workshops on fiction and non-fiction writing. You'll receive excellent training, spiritual encouragement, warm fellowship, and LUNCH. 

For more information on the Lexington Word Weavers 2017 Winter Conference, CLICK HERE.



If you enjoyed this post, why not subscribe? I'll send you twice-weekly 5-minute devotions to help nourish your soul. 
Because women need to connect with God in the craziness of life. 

Enter your email address and VALIDATE the Feedburner email sent to your inbox.



Delivered by FeedBurner


No comments:

Post a Comment